An even-looking complexion, smooth texture and well hydrated skin? You might often dream of such skin but is it always a reality? Not to worry, BB Cream comes as a saviour in such cases! It is a one-stop shop skin care product, which also works as a makeup hybrid.
BB or Beauty Balm multitasks as face hydration and shines controller. Also, it rectifies the colour of your face. If you had used a tinted moisturizer in the past, you can surely conclude ‘BB’ to be its improved edition. There are times when you want to shine but can’t afford to carry your entire makeup kit. It is on those days that BB excels.
Understand your skin type
No matter what your skin type is, BB can prove to be the ideal foil for your skin. Best BB cream for oily skin is one which contains extracts of natural plants. This way, the chances of an oily skin’s reaction is minimized. For those blessed with normal skin, the role of BB is to create smooth skin. Best BB cream for dry skin is one which has the right kind of moisturizing formulae. Of course, BB takes every precaution and follows rigorous protocols to get the perfect final product to the market.
Test the tone
Before using BB cream, you have to find out the best tone for your skin. When you are matching tones, apply the cream only to your face or neck because the colour of your hand is different from the face or neck.
Now comes the important part of applying BB cream. Like every makeup application, there is a series of steps that you must follow to achieve the desired results with BB cream.
Cleanse your skin
Your face attracts a lot of dirt and grime all through the day. To get a flawless look with your BB cream, make sure you cleanse your face thoroughly with a face wash formulated according to your skin type.
You can either use a makeup primer, Aloe Vera gel or just about any regular and light-weight moisturizer to prep up your skin. This provides a smooth surface for you to apply the cream and achieve a flawless look.
Applying BB cream with fingers
Many users feel using their hands is the best way to apply BB because hand’s skin melts BB properly. However, application through hands will result in the inferior application when compared to sponge or brush.
- Put some BB on the back of your hand. Put five dots on your face: one in the middle of your forehead, one on nose’s tip, one on the chin, and two on cheeks.
- Use equal amount everywhere. Never use BB in streaks or giant splotches. Don’t use the cream generously. Use it in tiny amounts and a thin layer.
- Next, use the combination of your middle and index fingers to push the cream in. Use the circular motion of your hand. This way, the pressure applied is very soft and does not cause skin irritation.
- Apply on the forehead first and then move via the nose and chin and finally to the cheeks. It does not matter whether you are blending or patting the cream, be very soft with your fingers around the eye area.
- The eye area is sensitive and when you stroke rather than pat or blend, you create strains around the eye. If you find that the cream has not been applied enough in certain area, you can dab a little bit more in those areas to add another layer.
Applying BB cream with sponge
Ideally, the sponge should be used for oily complexions. It is because fingers only add to the oil already present on the face. Brush, on the other hand, is less effective in spreading the cream on the face.
- Before applying BB cream, start with lightly spraying the moisturizing facial mist on the makeup sponge.
- When you squirt mist on the sponge, you help the cream in spreading more evenly across the face. This way, most of the cream remains on the face rather than sitting idly on the sponge.
- Apply it in five dots just as when you use your fingers. Here, you will be using a makeup sponge for blending but start with your fingers so that the amount of application is better controlled.
- Apply the cream with equal, outward strokes. The pressure applied should be firm enough to create a jiggling movement. The method of application remains the same- starting with the forehead and moving to the nose and chin before moving on to the cheeks.
Applying BB Cream with a Brush
- Use a brush if you have dry skin. For the better result, use a liquid BB cream. Dry skin turns even drier when the finger used for BB application. Contrarily, sponge takes away the little moisture that dry skin has.
- You should use your palm and not the back of your hand for brush application. Palm is naturally hotter and it helps in evenly spreading the cream. Further instructions remain the same. For brush strokes, application should be on the softer side.
- Begin with your forehead’s center. Move gently towards the edges and the top. Use lateral movement on the chin and vertical movements on the nose. For cheeks, use a circular motion with every succeeding application beginning exactly where the last one ended.